Monday, June 21, 2010

Steelhead Trout & Garden Salad

I had a serious case of the Monday's today. I had a great camping trip this weekend and felt like a kid during the last week of school. All I wanted to do was to get outside. I had a wonderful patient bring by some organic produce and the wifey wanted fish so I threw this together. I did have a great workout today too so I am all geared up and ready for Tuesday!



Steelhead Trout and Garden Salad
  • Prep Time: 5 min
  • Cook Time: 6 min
  • Servings: 2
  • Ingredients:
  • 2 cloves minced garlic (I had some sweet garlic chutney my sister made)
  • 2 handfuls of Romaine lettuce
  • 1/2 an onion
  • 2 4oz Steelhead Steaks (preferrably wild caught)
  • 2 tsp grass-fed butter
  • 2 sprig of thyme and 2 basil leaf
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp ginger dressing
  • 2 handfuls of colored greens
  • 4 radishes
Directions:
Get yourself some aluminum foil to put the fish in to fold it up in a pouch on the grill. Put the butter and half of the sliced onions on each one. Top with the garlic, thyme and basil. Fold up the foil and throw on the grill on med to med-high.

Scrunch up the lettuce and colored greens and toss into 2 bowls. Take the radishes and onion and slice thin then throw them on.

Use a little ginger dressing on the salads (I love home made but I didn't have any for this time around...a little is also nice on the fish with the garlic)

By the time you are done making the salad the fish should be done if you preheated the grill. If not, check it to see...should be flaky and moist). Pull the fish off and if you are lucky you can slide your fork between the skin and the foil and the skin will come right off and stick the foil...no mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment